Sunday 21 April 2013



Six days to go and it's Whisky Live's grand opening here in Perth and if I were to say that I'm excited that would be the understatement of the month.  My wife, brother in law, sister in law, and quite a few of my friends on top of myself are all going and god I can't wait!

It's going to be the largest collection of whiskies open for tasting under one roof in Perth, ever! 

When I got in from work yesterday I came into an email, an email catalog to be exact.

Inside of it was 25 pages of the hundred plus whiskies that will be open for tasting, tasting notes on them, scales for intensity on smoke and body and where you'd be able to purchase them if you got a kick out of them at Whisky Live.

Even better then the dozens of my favorite whiskies such as Talisker 10 Talisker 18, Talisker Storm (Oh God I can't wait to try this one!) Highland Park 12 and 18 year old, Kavalan the entire range which is just brilliant, Starward the newly released Australian distillery which is awesome there are some new ones popping up on my radar (oh god why can't Whisky Live be both Saturday and Sunday!?)

I've mentioned the Glengoyn, Buffalo Trace, Talisker, Highland Park, Nant, Starward, Laphroaig, Bruichladdich, it's going to be awesome!

But even better they're going to have cask strength New Zealand Company Whisky, 23 years old!  Among the hundred plus whiskies is something that just caught my eye and made me grin!

Grants Ale Cask Finished Whisky!  So often one hears about beers aged in whisky barrels, now it's time for a whisky in a beer barrel!

But if you want to purchase a ticket to this once a year event here in Perth you'd better do it quit as they'll be closing sales soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment